We, as a professional learning community, strive to educate all students to meet high academic standards. Combined with character education and community involvement, we aim to create an atmosphere where students are empowered to reach their maximum potential and become respectful and self-reliant citizens.
FCPS School Profile
Silverbrook envisions a safe and secure school environment where:
- all students are encouraged and supported to reach their full academic and social-emotional potential.
- all students will become self-reliant, respectful citizens and contributing members of their community.
- parents and teachers work together to motivate students to become life-long learners.
Silverbrook believes in student achievement:
- Each child will be met at their current level; teachers will support and encourage students to reach and exceed their full academic potential.
- Professional Learning Communities will provide teachers with opportunities to maximize best practices that result in increased student achievement.
Silverbrook believes in essential life skills:
- To establish a positive environment to educate our students, we must first get to know the whole child (educationally, socially, and emotionally) and subsequently tailor instruction to meet these individual needs.
- The total school community works to create an ideal school environment through common expectations and modeling of positive character traits.
Silverbrook believes in our responsibility to the community:
- The partnership between school and family is paramount for successful learning as education begins at home and is solidified in the school environment.
- Silverbrook school community will further their understanding of the importance and impact of participation in service learning projects and community activities.
2021-2022 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
What's for Breakfast Today?
What's for Lunch Today?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.